Home Main Forum Christian Dating Are Christians The Only Ones With Too Many Morals?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Script 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Romeo
    Participant

In Today's dating market, having “too many” morals can be a real dampener on how successful your relationship ventures proceed. What I mean to say is, it seems that most women want a guy who is “free and easy” with his approach to life. I'm not, I'm rather conservative. Is there any hope that I can find a deeper relationship with a soul mate who shares my views. Basically, I'm looking for meaningful companionship rather than sex as a prime directive. I'm frustrated. Help!

Gmom
    Participant

You are one in a million my friend. Most guys are just after the sex. Period!! I too believe that you should become friends and companions first. Then proceed on naturally. With all the free sexual relationships we see on TV, our society makes this concept very difficult. Keep looking Romeo. They are out there somewhere.

Onthego
    Participant

If I may Romeo, that post, worded exactly the way you wrote it here, might get you more responses than you think on any dating site you post it on.

Keep a positive “can do” attitude, stay true to yourself and you may find someone quicker than you think.

Romeo
    Participant

Whew! And I thought that I was all alone these days! Thanks, folks! It does my heart good to see that some people still have some scruples when it comes to the modern dating scene. My challenges still lie ahead, however, as I wade through the never ending drama of, “Who's car is more expensive?”, and, “How much do you think he or she makes per year?” Please, keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck as I try to find an honest and sincere person.

Micki
    Participant

I think there are still plenty of people out there who want to develop a relationship first before hopping into the sack. I have a friend who met her husband on a Christian dating site and they actually waited until they were married before getting physical. Before she started her journey, she thought it was going to be impossible to find someone who shared her values, but there he was. Don't give up!

Aurora
    Participant

Wow Romeo! It's definitely rare to find a guy who is looking for a deeper connection than just sex. But may I say: how refreshing is that! I love it 🙂 I am sure you will find what you're looking for eventually. Good luck!

Script
    Participant

How far do you think you can compromise? Personally, I think lines like “I wonder how much he makes every month.” or talking about sex is not necessarily bad. If one continues to bicker about not having enough money to do shopping or to have sex every day, then yes, you should be alarmed. How do we define “too many morals”?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.