Home Main Forum Women’s Topics Picky Dating

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Carla 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Carla
    Participant

I think that maybe I'm a bit of a picky dater. I don't believe in dating the first guy who approaches me and because of that I've been single for a while now. I just would like to meet a guy who isn't only concerned with my looks, but also my brain and personality. Is that too much to ask? Am I the only one with this problem?

Sara
    Participant

You are not the only one that wants a man to like your mind, I am the same way. I hate that some men are only worried about how we will look on their arm. I want a man that can see I am an intelligent woman and want to be with me because of it.

Ali
    Participant

I understand, I'm the same way. I think I've just seen too many around me fail because they took the first thing that approached them. It can end bad, so it's better to take your time to find someone who appreciates you. Now, it's not good to be too picky, nobody's perfect. But it's ok to have standards and find someone that will be good to you.

Ann Gable
    Participant

You're not necessarily being picky, you're just looking for someone who is compatible. Look at this way, at least you're avoiding a lot of awkward first dates with men you aren't interested in.

littlesister
    Participant

It sure would be nice to have a man really want to spend time with ME not just my body. So many men these days are only concerned with one aspect of a relationship and do not even consider what it would be like to be in a long-term relationship. For men, long-term is a month.

Carla
    Participant

Thank goodness that there seems to be people who agree with me. For a second, I was thinking that maybe I was setting my standards too high.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.